Content Content Content! It’s the buzzword again on the net so it seems. Everywhere you go people are talking about content. (As if there has ever been anything else)!
Yep content is what the engines want and content is what your customers want also. Let’s face it what is a newspaper if it’s not fresh content on a daily basis! And with the advent of Googles jagger update never has content been more important to you. So how can we best use it to boost our rankings? Did I hear you say Article marketing? Your right of course and in case you didn’t know this is how you do it to maximum effect 🙂 And also how we do it!
1. Pick some topics that relate to your chosen industry. For us this can be Internet marketing, SEO or Web design. So let’s say we want to write content about web design.
2. Sit down and write 4 articles of about 700 words each on your chosen subject. Make sure in each article you have a scattering of your best keywords relating to web design. So for us this would be say
web design company
I can’t write I hear you say! No problem. There are literally thousands of good writers advertising their services on Elance and Guru
You can expect to pay around $10 for a good article so it’s not going to break your bank getting 4 a month written. I give my writers the main topic and a list of keywords I want them to use in the article. Some articles I write myself.
3. Once you have your first article head over and join Article Marketer Once you have signed up you can submit your first article. There are many sites you can use for this to be honest it’s just that we find Article marketer to be the best value for money. You can also buy software that will automate your article submission but you don’t need it if you use a submission service.
4. Your article will now start what is on average a 10 week journey. It will appear in all the myriad article directories, get spidered by Google and the other engines and start to count towards your ever valuable link popularity.
5. The following week submit your second article. This will start its journey around the content sites and will be picked up by the engines.
6. The following week submit your third article. This will start its journey around the content sites and will be picked up by the engines.
7. The following week submit your fourth article. This will start its journey around the content sites and will be picked up by the engines.
You do this each week like clockwork. As your first article becomes stale the links from it will drop and be deleted. Google will have settled on the links it wants to keep from this article and lose the rest. But this is not a problem because your second article and so on are coming up and replacing these lost links.
It’s like an engine and each week (we do ours on Mondays) you submit a fresh article to keep the fires stoked so to speak. Of course you can do an article a day if you wish. There is no upper limit with content and to be honest the more the better.