Among the best ways to market your website is to understand how to analyze the traffic that already uses it. This way, you will get to know which people are using your website, and what they’re doing once they’re there. Once you know this, you’ll be able to better target your website to your users’ needs.
There are four primary ways in which you can perform a website traffic analysis. These are as follows:
• Use a counter on your web pages to count the number of visitors
• Take advantage of the statistics offered by your internet service provider (ISP) about your website’s traffic
• Buy a website traffic analysis program
• Hire an expert, either independent or in a firm, who can audit your website use
No matter what method you use, there are specific things that you should look for, which include:
• Which of your web pages are the most commonly visited and which ones are used the least frequently?
• Who are your visitors?
• Which browsers are used to visit your site? (so that you can optimize your site the best)
• Which search engines are bringing in the most traffic, and which ones are not performing much at all?
• Which ads (such as banners) are performing the best?
• Where are there bad links and errors within your site?
Essentially, by performing a quality analysis of the traffic that uses your website, you’ll be able to ask the correct questions and come up with the right solutions for polishing your web marketing strategy as a whole. Without using an analysis of your traffic, your entire internet marketing effort will basically be a shot in the dark. You may or may not receive results. You’ll be depending on luck. With the information on your side, you’ll be able to perform your marketing with perfect aim.